The “Forschungsdekanat” (Dean’s office for Research) is in charge of the coordination of the admission procedure of the doctoral candidates from the Faculty of Medicine applying for the GSfBS of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
Please note that you are welcome to apply for the IPMM, a specialized program within the GSfBS. This program is designed for highly qualified research-oriented medical and life science graduates. The IPMM covers both basic biomedical research and complementary skills. Individual curriculum and mentoring by senior scientists are adapted to particular educational background and specific research interest of the doctoral student. Please visit the IPMM webpage for further information http://postgraduate-program-molecular-medicine.uni-koeln.de.
A) Documents to hand in by the Doctoral Student
For application, please submit the following documents as one pdf or word document. Please note that jpeg documents are not accepted.
1. Application Form
Please fill in and send with other documents
2. Letter of Interest
Personal statement, describing why you are interested in participating in the GSfBS Program including your future scientific career goals
3. Curriculum Vitae and Secondary School Certificate
- Individual achievements (e.g. prizes, publications)
- Two academic references (names and contact data sufficient)
- Secondary school certificate
4. University Degree Certificates and Academic Record
- Medical degree certificate, records of experimental research experience, if applicable an abstract and a complete copy of the medical dissertation
- Diploma certificate, academic record and abstract of diploma thesis (1 - 2 page)
- Master of Science certificate, academic record, abstract of master thesis (1 - 2 page) and complete copy of master thesis
5. Doctoral Project Proposal
- Focused doctoral thesis proposal in the field of Molecular Medicine including short introduction to the state of the field (background), specific aim(s) of the project, working hypothesis, description of the experimental strategy, working plan, alternative plans for unforeseen obstacles (maximum 3 pages)
B) Documents to hand in by the Supervisor of the Doctoral Student
1. Letter of Recommendation for the Doctoral Student
2. The following Documents only need to be submitted, if the Supervisor is not yet in charge of any IPMM / GSfBS Doctoral Student
- Overview of up to date research group composition: (Post Docs, doctoral students, technical assistants)
- Overview of former doctoral students (name, title of research project, academic degree, research period)
- Overview of third party funding
Please send your application as one pdf- or word-document to Dr. Daniela Kruschel (Program Coordinator) via e-mail to email@example.com
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Daniela Kruschel (phone: 0221 – 478 98435).
Counselling sessions are possible every Tuesday from 10:00 – 12:00 on request.
Dr. Daniela Kruschel - Program Coordinator
Phone:+ (49) - 221 - 478 98435
Fax: + (49) - 221 - 478 3560
Forschungsdekanat (MEK-Forum, building 42)
Universität zu Köln